7.17.2009

Lyons (and tigers) and dog skirts?



I feel like I've been posting too many home-centric things lately, so I wanted to put up something more fashion focused. I started looking around for some inspiration, but kept seeing either a lot of the same old, same old or sweaters and fall stuff - and with it being 90 degrees out, who can think about anything other than tanks, shorts or dresses (which I have been living in all summer)?

Anyway, I did notice that there are a slew of articles about Jenna Lyons (J. Crew's Creative Director) out there recently:


The first photo of her is pretty expected, but what the heck is going on in this second one (from the August 2009 Town & Country magazine)? I'll be completely honest: if Gwyneth were wearing this, I'd probably think it was the most amazing outfit ever. And I do think Jenna is working it. That blazer is to die for. But nonetheless, what is that skirt made out of?? It looks like a brown shag bathmat rolled up, or the beloved-but-deceased family pet reused for a leg cover. Jennaaaa, come on. Millions of women want to be you and are emulating your every move. Why not throw on an actual J. Crew skirt, which I'm sure you have scads of (and get for free)?

No comments:

Post a Comment