8.19.2009

Sailing


Shamrock V on Narragansett Bay, one of my favorite classic boats

The rain we had earlier today has passed and it's turning into a hot, sunny evening. With the clear in weather, it means we can still sail in the Wednesday Night Races here in Annapolis. I'm hopping on a J/92S that my friend is skippering. In case you don't know what that is, here's a photo of one from the boatbuilder's site:

I'm trimming main (aka pulling in or letting out the big sail). I am pretty rusty at it and therefore a bit nervous. Let's hope we sail well and that I don't do anything too stupid (losing a halyard, messing up the sail trim or knocking my head on the boom would all be pretty embarrassing). At the very least, I'll bring some beer for the rest of the crew, and hopefully that will make up for my general fumbling about. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment