9.18.2009

Every man's dream


My lovely boyfriend B's birthday is coming up next week and I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the perfect gift for him. I had one in mind, but it looks like it's going to be a no-go (more deets later), so I've been searching for alternatives. B isn't too huge into birthdays and I know he'll be happy with whatever, but of course I want to make him feel as special as possible since he deserves a day all about him.

With that being said, what dude wouldn't be super-siked with something that would make him feel like the king of the castle every day? Enter from stage left: the world's dorkiest remote.

The Magical Kymera Wand (shown above) is a remote control that can be used on "almost every piece of modern home entertainment apparatus." It has no buttons, but instead can learn up to 13 different infrared codes from existing remote controls; the user then makes up gestures for the wand controls. So, if you want to change to the next channel, you could simply flick your wrist to the right. Up the volume, flick your wrist up.

How hilarious is that? I think I would fall over laughing if I walked in one day and B was sitting on the couch flicking through the channels with a wand. (Wait a second, that's kind of what I see when I come home and he's playing Madden Football on Wii. Hmm...)

So what do you think? Is it a winner birthday gift for my man-friend? He'll just have to wait and see until next week....

Wand originally seen on Talk Like A Gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment