9.08.2009

Four eyes


Remember how I mentioned I scratched my eye last week? I went back for a follow-up appointment - my eye is all healed, thank you for asking! - and also got an eye exam. It'd been a while since my last check-up...as in 5+ years...and it turns out that, while I still have 20/20 vision, my right eye is slightly astigmatic. Sooo, the doctor said I am totally fine without glasses, but if I want to get a pair for task-oriented work, it might be easier on that eye and would help with headaches, etc. That was a total surprise. I've always had better than perfect vision, but I guess this is what happens when you get oldish. I might hold out to get a pair (I'm afraid if I get some now, my eyes will become totally reliant, plus I could use some better health insurance first...), but I am tempted by the photos I keep seeing in magazines and online of models looking totally cute in glasses. I'm not sure how this look will work on me, but it could be kind of fun to have glasses. What do you think of these options?








Photos from: J. Crew, Rockstar Diaries, Oliver Peoples via Design is Mine, Garance Dore, J. Crew, Design is Mine, Garance Dore, J. Crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment