10.29.2009

Proper TP alignment (alternately titled "crazy part deux")


Toilet paper diagram by Heather Powazek Champ

So my crazy brain came out Tuesday. My inner Martha reared her ugly head and resulted in this post on brownies (no, not those kind of brownies). I then tried to tame my crazy, but it came back with this proclamation.

Then, today, I was looking online at the book "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch" by Margaret Mason (it's brilliant! I might buy it - for the sake of the 4 people who read my blog!) and saw the above diagram. It made me fall back in love with being crazy but happy, thanks to Heather Powazek Champ, a seemingly fellow kooky person (see? blogging brings people together!). Here's what she had to say about proper toiler paper loading:

"When I am queen, I shall decree that all rolls of toilet paper be correctly inserted into the toilet paper dispensers. Correctly? You have all been improperly instructed to place your toilet paper with the "tongue" facing outward. This is incorrect. Why? It's ugly. Please view the illustration above. Isn't the arrangement on the right far more aesthetically pleasing than that on the left? But what about ease of use you ask? I don't give a rat's ass about ease of use. I want the world to be a more beautiful place, and I'm going to start with your toilet paper. Thank you."

Love it. I actually happen to wholeheartedly disagree (I hate when the TP tongue is on the inside - it unrolls too quickly and leads to overpulling!), but I admire HPC's card-carrying, unapologetic (and maybe crazy?) dedication to the world being more pretty. Right on, sista.

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute....is it form over function or does it matter when it comes to TP. I think the outside roll option, though incorrect, is the easiest way to contort your arm and hand in an effective unroll. And I am supposed to be working but I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete