11.23.2009

Puppy love


I have a confession: I do not have baby envy, I have puppy envy. Hardcore. While we are probably not at all ready for a dog - we're out of town most weekends and/or running around all the time - I cannot help but squeal, squirm and pet every passing puppy. Just ask B: I got separated from him and our friends at the Tug of War because I kept stopping to pet dogs. The cuteness kills me!

The biggest question for if we were to get a dog is what kind. I think we're both clear that we want a bigger dog, and a really cool active one that will go on boats with us and catch a frisbee.

Here are some of our favorites:

Golden Retriever (photo by David Dalton). My first ever pet and my first true dog love. So flippin' cute.


Nova Scotian Duck Tolling Retriever. Reminds me of a Golden's slightly smaller cousin (with webbed feet).


Border Collie. Probably way too hyper for us, but so cute it's hard to rule them out!


Australian Shepherd. Again, probably too energetic, but awfully adorable. I can't decided if the two different colored eyes is really awesome or kind of creepy (or both).


Old English Sheepdog (photo from Martha Stewart). Reminds me of Nana from Peter Pan! Are these drooly though?


And finally, our nation's First Dog, the Portuguese Water Dog. I want to have a non-shedding option in there. Kinda cute too.

So, dear readers, what do you all think? Any recommendations? Opinions? All thoughts are welcome - please leave a comment! Keep in mind this wouldn't be for a while, but it's always fun to think about!

I can't believe I just wrote an entire post about dogs and I've written one about my friend's cat in the past. This is so not that kind of blog.... Oy.

3 comments:

  1. You get the dog and I will pet sit until you are ready!

    1st choice Golden; 2nd choice Portugese Water Dog, 3rd choice Aussie Shep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RESCUE A DOG! Mutts make the best and the healthiest pets!

    ReplyDelete