2.01.2010

Cute as a button: shortbread button cookies


No, that is not a photo of my mending waiting to be done. Let's be honest here, people; I can't even remember the last time I sewed a button on anything. No, these are much, much better in that they're edible, delicious (so I've heard) and adorable. They're shortbread cookies!

The lovely blog forty-sixth at grace featured these cookies, including a step-by-step photo tutorial on how to make your own cute button cookies.

I don't know what it is about them, but I feel like they'd be great for a baby shower or maybe even better for a little girls' tea party/birthday party. Heck, I'd like to sit down with some piping hot tea and a few of these "buttons" myself right now.

Even the recipe was adorably annotated:

Click here for the full recipe (as seen above).

So do you think you'd make these? Surprisingly they don't require fancy cookie cutters or anything you don't already have. I don't bake that often, but I'm tempted to try these out for Valentine's Day or just some cold Sunday afternoon. Actually, now that I think about it, these would be perfect for my grown-up girls' sleepover party!

No comments:

Post a Comment