4.26.2010

That's bananas (pudding)!


It is annoying that someone as gorgeous and fashion-forward as Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere would also be so talented in the kitchen. :) She recently documented a perfect summer-y dessert recipe she made the other day, and I nearly drooled right onto my keyboard.

Have you ever been to Magnolia Bakery in NYC? Their cupcakes are what's made them famous, but B and I both agree (shocking, since I have a major sweet tooth and he's more of a salt guy) that their banana pudding is the best thing they have to offer. It's a perfect sweet treat, without being too over-the-top sucrose-y.

Emily made it herself (using this recipe) and it looks like it turned out amazingly:

Mmmmm. I also love that instead of using regular Nilla Wafers, she went for the mini versions, so you could fit one cookie per spoonful. I am clamoring to try this. More photos and info here.

Emily, won't you come over to my house and braid my hair like yours and make this recipe for me? :)

1 comment: