5.14.2010

Color and print gets plussed

Maybe it's the spring weather coming (welllll, the idea of it at least, since we've had a ton of cold and rain recently - but anyway...) or maybe it's all the 9 by Design I've been watching, but I am so in love with color and print in interiors - specifically on walls/couches - lately.

Exhibits A-D:

Photo from Elle Decor, via Caitlin Creer Interiors

Um, could this giant print be any cooler? Also the patterned rug in grayish-blue makes me pretty happy. And the printed wallpaper in lovely lime-y yellow just happens to fit right in with my other three exhibits (below)...


Photo from Domino (RIP), via Caitlin Wilson Design-Style Files

I never knew I could be so into saturated, bright color, but this photo is totally doing it for me. The couch - wow. And the wall color is pretty amazing as well. A bright yellow pillow on its own? No thank you. In this room? Heck yes. It all works together so well. Love.


Photo of Christina and Chris Cuomo's living room (decorated by Emma Jane Pilkington and shot by Roger Davies) from in Elle Decor, via Habitually Chic

And what might be the coolest sofa/chaise/settee/loveseat (what do you call this thing??) ever, I am absolutely head over heels for this navy ikat thing, especially when paired with the little pop of pink and the addition of silver. Genius. I want this. It has a bit of a touch of the Target ikat chair I've been eying up forever, no? (Though I'm sure the pricetags are not at all in the same realm.)


Photo from Oh Happy Day

Last but not least, perhaps the least colorful, yet still peppy and patterned, is Jordan's living room. The setee - which happens to be from Nate Berkus for HSN - too cute, especially with the Jonathan Adler lemon pillow on it. This room is another good example of a print couch with an oversize print.

So what do you think? Is a patterned sofa too crazy for your taste? Or are you lapping up all that color come spring? Do tell...

And happy Friday, by the way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment