10.01.2010

Room and (inspiration) board

I love that the "inspiration board" / "mood board" trend of late gives me permission to tack up all the things I love/want/need/havetohave onto a bulletin board without feeling like a 1980s schoolgirl. And sometimes, the very inspiration board turns into a piece of art itself. Here are some of my favorites from the blogosphere:


Photo from sfgirlbybay, as spotted on Beach Bungalow 8.


Photo by Jeltje Fotografie, via the Style Files, as seen on Canadian House & Home.


Inspiration boards hang as artwork and command central in the entryway of Toronto stylist Sabrina Linn's home. Photo by Michael Graydon, from the August 2009 issue of Canadian House & Home.


Julie Richards of the blog SHELTER boasts an office with a colorful inspiration board - though I think the perky pink deer is my favorite little surprise.


Jamie Meares of I Suwannee corrals her photos and inspiration files with a criss-cross pink beribboned board.


John Derian's bulletin board is sprawling and colorful, yet somehow still artfully arranged. Image via simple + pretty.


Monochromatic but meaningful. Image via Simply Seleta.

Do you have an inspiration board of your own? Or just a junk board? Maybe your refrigerator doors? Perhaps I'll get brave and post photos of my own office bulletin board sometime soon (it's ever evolving).

1 comment: